Whichever piece of home fitness equipment you choose, there are several elements to take into consideration.
- Do you have space in your home
- How much are you willing to pay?
- Do you want something that can be hidden away in a closet, or left out all the time?
- Do Do you only want a cardio workout or are you looking to do strength training as well?
Its really worth sitting down and having a serrious think about these points theres nothing worse than purchasing a home exercise machine and realizing its not what you wanted!
The Firm Wave is a cleverly designed, curved fitness system that can be used in different ways:
- Curved side down it gives a great fat burning cardio workout that will tone your core and improve your balance.
- Curved side up it gives a stable base which can be used to perform traditional step exercises.
- Add exercise bands to create a full-body muscle toning system.
- You can also use the wave to perform many Pilates exercises.
- The WAVE can be utilized in a small space and put away in a wardrobe when not in use, making it the perfect piece of equipment for a small spare room or apartment.
Cost-wise, the WAVE represents fantastic value for money at less than $100 (plus P & P), and comes complete with several DVDs and a useful wall chart.
A treadmill, on the other hand, represents a much larger investment, costing from $200 for a manual system, up to several $1000 for a state-of-the-art motorized model with various speeds, programs and inclines. My experience is that spending around $2000 will get you a first-class home treadmill with a lifetime warranty on the frame, a smoothly-running motorized belt that is large enough to be comfortable and long enough to take large strides, and enough programs to ensure you reach your training goals and never become bored!
Oh, and dont forget the heart-rate monitor and calorie-burn counter that are also included on these models. Because treadmills are so expensive installation is usually included in the price. All you have to do is step on and press a button. Treadmills are permanently set up and take up a lot of space, although there are several folding models if space is a premium.
As a Personal Trainer I think both pieces of equipment are excellent and will give you a fantastic workout. However due to it's small price tag and the fact it can be used for far more than just cardio my vote goes to the Wave.
Remember niether piece of exercise equipment is any good unless you actually use it. My personal choice for convenience and value would be the Wave there are not many pieces of equipment that work your heart and lungs, tone muscle, burn calories and strengthen your core, all in one small value-for-money package!
If you would like to discover more about how the Firm Wave can help you lose fat and feel great please click the link now.